Happy (Belated) 2009!

It has been almost a year and a half since my last post on here... This is most likely due to the fact that I forgot I even had a blogspot.

My current rant:
Smogging your car.
When trying to transfer the title of a car, you need to have a relatively new smog certificate. Well, if you fail the smog test and want assistance from the state to help pay for it, you need to be the registered owner. In order to become the registered owner, you must submit a smog certificate. See how the vicious cycle goes on and on?

My current rave:
Homemade dog food.
About 6 weeks ago I put my dog on a homemade food trial to see if it would help his ear problems. I am happy to say that his ears are doing much better! Also, after finally hitting my groove, I am able to throw together his meals in about 30 minutes. I make 1 weeks worth of food and keep the batch in the fridge. I am now contemplating making a bigger batch and freezing part of it. I like to keep his veggies as fresh as possible, but the meat I would like to cook and freeze ahead of time.

And now for today's "Real Simple" quote:
There are two kinds of talent, man-made talent and God-given talent. With man-made talent you have to work very hard. With God-given talent you just touch it up once in a while.

— Pearl Bailey

Have a good day everyone!

0 comments: