Conversations:

I was lucky enough to be invited on a trip to Palm Springs with one of my best friends. It was super, super hot (110 degrees), but it was so much fun. I don't get to see her very often and it is nice to reconnect.

It seems that it's always the second night that our deepest conversations take place. We went to Tahoe last year and it was the same thing. The second night we were up into the wee hours of the morning, just talking. We cover a multitude of topics, ranging from our pasts to our futures to clothes to hopes and dreams. One or both of us usually ends up crying, but it's a cleansing, freeing cry.

This particular conversation brought us much closer together. I don't think we have any secrets from each other anymore. There's always one little area in a persons life that makes them feel isolated and alone. When you share this with someone else, you are freed. You aren't alone. That's what happened with us in Palm Springs.

On top of that, she told me how much she admires me. When someone you love and respect tells you they admire you, it changes something in your heart. Of course, I started to cry. It gave me the boost I didn't know I needed. Now I think I can keep going. :)

Then my mom and I had an awesome conversation about God Sunday morning. I love it when we have talks like that! That's when I got the inspiration for my next tattoo. Our talk was mostly about how God is love (cheesy, but true) and Jesus spent his time on earth simply loving people. He loved the prostitutes, the taxmen, the lepers. He loved the unlovable. That amazes me. So, my mission is to love people just because Jesus does. It will be hard, but what better way to show Gods heart than through love?

0 comments: