Growing up is scary!

Well, the time has come. It's time to leave the nest, so to speak. My brother and I are moving out. No more living with our parents. I'm grateful that he'll be moving in with me. He's big (6'5", 260+ lbs) and he can help take care of my special needs, diabetic dog.

We found an apartment complex we like that has several town homes that will be available in our time frame. I'm working on the application over the next few days (I need to get letters from my employers proving that I've had steady work. A downfall of being paid under the table and not paying taxes) and then I'll turn it in. I am praying we get accepted! If we get accepted, then I have a whole bunch of new things to worry about. The deposit is what worries me the most. I can get the rent together no problem, but then to have to find deposit money, too? That's a lot. Rent is around $1150/mo and they'll need that upfront. The deposit will be at least that much, probably more because of our bad/new credit and the pets. I'm planning on having to have $1500 for the deposit and I'm hoping that's a really horrible overestimation. So, essentially, between my brother and I, we need to have around $2650 by the time we move in. Gah!! Just seeing that number sent chills down my spine!

*sigh* I wish I had been born into a family of extreme wealth, but had been raised with the same work ethic and values. It's too bad money is what makes the world go round. And now it's time to start job hunting, too! More stress! Might as well have the world on my shoulders...

Growing up is scary. And expensive.

****Side Note****

This is my official Jonas Brother hate statement: Whichever one of you dated Taylor Swift, ending it with her was the worst decision ever. Or if she ended it, then whatever you did to make her end it was the worst thing you've ever done. You suck. And your music is too whiny for even me to enjoy. I can handle 5 minutes, tops. Maybe 10, if I'm having an especially good day. I dislike you immensely. That is all.

0 comments: