Stress:

Geez louise... How much stress can one person handle before their body just gives up? I guess we're going to find out!!!

Lots of tests tomorrow, lots of things to take care of at home, lots of things on my mind.

To be honest, I've been thinking a lot about therapy. I've got some real issues I feel I need to deal with. Mostly regarding self esteem and self worth. My mom pointed out an interesting paragraph in a book she was reading:

"Through this experience I learned that whenever someone values us more than we value ourselves, we tend to sabotage our relationship with that person. Secretly, we don't want them to get close enough to find out that we aren't as good as they think we are."
 That's when the light bulb went on. It was almost astounding. And the concept can be applied to areas outside of relationships. For example, if I don't think I'm smart enough to pass paramedic school, I might try to sabotage my success in the class. I found the concept interesting. Fascinating, even.

That's my thought for the evening. Time to get back to studying.

0 comments: