When the lights go down in the city...

Hello Blog World!

I know it's been a long time since my last update, but sh*t has been crazy!!

I started school in August. We just finished our 3rd week. It ended with a bang! All of San Diego County, parts of AZ, NM, Mexico and Orange County lost power for between 6 and 12 hours. That was Thursday, September 8th. They canceled school for all of SD County on the 9th, including our paramedic school. I had planned to spend the day doing something productive and useful, but I ended up doing fun stuff.

Class has been pretty intense so far. We're almost through our Intro block. Next is Medical block, which will be even harder. I had a scare on one of the tests and I scored really low. I decided to delete my Facebook account to eliminate distractions. I'm having a hard time focusing on studying.

I came down with pneumonia a little while back and it seems to be back for round three. This isn't helping anything. I'm in bed right now and I'll probably take a nap before I go nanny a little tonight.

I am blessed in having friends and family to support me both emotionally and financially. I'm basically learning how to live on nothing, which is definitely not fun!

There is this video on youtube of Palomar College's 39th Fire Academy that I watched this morning and it reminded me of how much work is left to do and how much more I need to prepare. But it also made me want to work harder.

http://youtu.be/0xLSL_Mq4Tk

I was super amused to see familiar faces. A couple of guys I used to work with and a few guys from my medic class are in the video.

I know this is a really crappy update, haha. I'm sure it's lacking information and coherency. I think it's time for my nap!! 

0 comments: