It's go time!

Just a little update:

AMR Riverside called :) I start Monday with orientation in Rancho Cucamonga and then field training shifts in an unknown location.

This past week has been awfully crazy! I only had a few days to get everything together for AMR HR and part of that time I was in the desert on a shooting trip!! (And holy hell was THAT fun! I've got all sorts of bruises from firing the different guns).

As I was driving around yesterday in Riverside and Rancho (lotssssss of paperwork, physical, drug test, lift test), I was reminded of how smoggy it is up there! I couldn't see the mountains this time, but I figure the Santa Ana's will blow all that away ;)

A friend asked me if I was nervous to finally start and I realized I am! I'm not nervous about the actual job, I'm nervous about the people I'll be working with. The fire crews, my partners, my coworkers and supervisors. I was reminded that all I need to do is be respectful and confident and I'll be fine. Easier said than done, but it can be done!

It caught me off guard yesterday when I signed my last paper for AMR and it hit me that I AM a paramedic! An employed one! This is the start of a career. Health benefits, a 401k. What?! When did I become a freaking grown up?!

It's true what they say. Today is the first day of the rest of your life! The possibilities are endless and I'm so excited to see where life leads me :)

0 comments: