Family:

Rant:
Family members whose bad moods spread like a wildfire in dry brush.
I had a good day. I woke up and for once I wasn't tired. I showered and was ready to go on time. I made a grocery list of the things that were on sale at several stores and had plans made to shop this evening. I got to school on time. School went well, work went well.

It's all going fine (even the traffic didn't get me down) until I get home. A certain family member was moping in bed. That's fine. People get sick. But this family member then wanted to go shopping with me. Also fine. No biggie. Well, once this person and I get into the first store the mood sours and despite my attempts to stay upbeat and positive, this person just can't help but drag me down.

Long story short, my mood has turned foul. We rode home in silence and haven't spoken since.

Rave:
Losing weight!
So far I have lost 2.5 pounds which is close to the 3 I wanted to lose. If I lose 3 pounds a week until July, I will lose approximately48 pounds in total. I have yet to take measurements (though I should). As depressing as it is to face reality about ones health, it is extremely satisfying to see the results.

Real Simple Daily Thought:

"It is impossible not to love someone who makes toast for you."

Nigel Slater

0 comments: