"Help, I'm Alive"

Metric's new song "Help, I'm Alive" is one of my favorites right now. I'd put it on my Zune, but yesterday I shipped my computer off to Best Buy's repair place. I think my computer eats chargers for snacks and chargers cost around $90 new. Anyways, I found this interview with the artist and I loved hearing how she wrote the song and what was behind it. It makes me want to become a song writer (which is so incredibly hard to do!). This song has been stuck in my head for a little while and after reading the lyrics I feel like this song was written for this time of my life. I feel like I'm going through the motions, but I'm not quite living. Like I'm missing something (and I have a feeling I'm missing something big).

"I tremble
They’re gonna eat me alive
If I stumble
They’re gonna eat me alive

Can you hear my heart beating like a hammer, beating like a hammer
Help, I’m alive, my heart keeps beating like a hammer
Hard to be soft, tough to be tender
Come take my pulse, the pace is on a runaway train
Help, I’m alive, my heart keeps beating like a hammer, beating like a hammer

If you’re still alive
My regrets are few.
If my life is mine,
what shouldn’t I do?
I get wherever I’m going,
I get whatever I need
while my blood’s still flowing
and my heart still beats.

Help, I’m alive, my heart keeps beating like a hammer
Hard to be soft, tough to be tender
Come take my pulse, the pace is on a runaway train
Help, I’m alive, my heart keeps beating like a hammer, beating like a hammer

Help, I’m alive, my heart keeps beating like a hammer."

Also, when I checked my email and got my Real Simple Daily Thought and I felt like that was just for me, too!

Real Simple Daily Thought:
"I’m living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart."

E.E. Cummings



0 comments: