One of those days:

You know it's bad when even drowning your sorrows in cookie dough doesn't help. I had a bad day, and it feels like it just gets worse as the day goes on. First, I'm working a double "shift" today, so I started out the day knowing it was going to be a long one. Then, the kid literally sat for 1 hour staring at his food before he took a few bites and I decided I couldn't take it anymore and just decided to let him go hungry. Then his mom mentions maybe giving him a breathing treatment, but she didn't make it clear, so I didn't give him one. Then, we go through the same routine at lunch with the not eating. So when the mom gets home, she gives me a mini lecture on how "if I'm ever not sure, to just call" and "do I know what his wheezing sounds like " followed by an example of his wheezing. At this point, I'm on my 3 hour break and am driving through Vista (more like sitting through Vista. the traffic was horrible) to go pick up my moms friends dog that we're watching over the weekend when my mom calls me and says her car broke down. Now, believe me when I say that we have NO extra money. We don't even have enough money to pay for our already-cost-efficient life.

It was at this point that I kind of snapped. I started driving like I was on drugs and I was rude to my mom on the phone. I finally pick up the dog and get home. I arrive home with about 2 hours left of my break. I check my email and find that the son of the lady I am a caregiver for would like me to start working Friday through Sunday instead of Saturday to Sunday. I am fine with this, assuming my hourly pay stays the same. And that's what I tell him. Minutes after I send my response to him, he shoots back an email stating that they want to decrease my pay by $1 an hour. This may not sound big, but it is when you consider that I've worked for them for a year and they're the ones who want to increase my hours!

So I went and got some cookie dough from the fridge and tried to eat it, but I ended up crying after one bite.

So it's just been a bad day, I guess.

0 comments: