Thanksgiving:

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving! This year has been full of ups and downs, but we are all so blessed!

I had a rough day Tuesday. I am, for the first time, failing a class. Actually failing. We're not talking, oh man, a D. We're talking, oh man, an F. I actually cried at school after my chemistry test. I didn't even know if I was going to make it through the lab following the test I had in the lecture. I talked it out with one of my best friends (Thanks for listening to me, Lauren!! <3) and my mom and I made it through the class.

I've been kind of bummed since then. Part of it is I'm working this weekend with Alice and my family is going to Catalina this weekend. I love Catalina! We've been going there every year for weekend following Thanksgiving and I'm sad that I'm missing it. But I got a text from a good friend earlier that made me realize that I have too much to be grateful for to be upset about Catalina.

I wanted to make a list of some of the things I'm grateful for. I couldn't possibly list everything, but I can certainly list several things. *Warning* I will use the word blessed so many times, you'll probably get sick of seeing it. Sorry. :-)

I am grateful for:

  • My mom and dad. I have been extraordinarily blessed with two extremely supportive parents. I can approach either of my parents and talk about anything and I know that they won't judge me or tell me what to do. They both listen, offer wisdom, and then they let me make the decision.
  • My job(s). As much as I may complain or whine about having to work, there are people who don't have a job. I am so, so, so blessed to have a steady job.
  • The families I work for. I have been blessed with "clients" who are extremely flexible regarding my schedule and who care more than any "bosses".
  • Music. This may sound cheesy, but it's so true. There aren't words to describe the way I feel when the perfect song is playing. I once had a conversation in my current chemistry lab about having to choose between being blind or being deaf. I chose being blind. I regret never learning to play an instrument, but I love music all the same.
  • My car. It is dependable. It is the best car I have ever owned. Not flashy, no bells and whistles. But it's only been in the shop once in all the time that I've had it.
  • My friends. I have been so stinking blessed by my friends, it's not even funny. I have such a great group of friends, it astounds me.
  • God. Who am I that the creator of all the things I am grateful for (and more!) loves me? He has forgiven me so many times and I still see evidence of his love all around me.
  • Nature. I never thought I'd come to love the "great outdoors" so much. Whether it's the beach, the mountains or just sitting on the porch watching the sky, I feel at peace. 
  • Sleep. :-) This is what I should be doing right now.

0 comments: