Stupid Mistakes:

So, I know that as human beings we are fallible and we all do stupid things and make stupid decisions. I know this. I'm not special in that I'm the only one who makes mistakes. But sometimes it feels like it. I did something super stupid and dramatic on Sunday that I'm not proud of. Luckily, I have friends that I can tell anything. I confessed my mistake and now feel better about it. But it was a real doozy of a bad call. Thank you for listening, friends! I love you!

You ever have one of those days where the sun shines a little brighter, traffic is a little lighter and you could swear the birds are singing louder as butterflies flutter around you? A really, really, happy day? I think I'm having one of those.

I had a short but effective cardio session and then some strength training. I'm really liking my new trainer. I was worried after our first session that he wouldn't warm up to me, but today went really well. I tend to come off strong in the personality department. That can put people off sometimes. Not this guy, apparently. I'm really pleased with my training experiences at LA Fitness this time around. They've got some really good people in there and I happen to be able to train with a couple of them. :-)

Silly as it may seem, sometimes a smile from someone else can brighten my day. I was already having a pretty smashing morning when I had to stop on the way home for some construction work that was being done. I was first in line and I was getting my groove on (badly, but I was having a good time) to A Fine Frenzy's "Happier" when the guy with the stop sign smiled really, really big and then swept his hand in an outward motion indicating that I could go ahead. The way he did it was just SOOO FUNNY. Like a little bow, almost. I couldn't help but smile back and then I started laugh. Oh man, silly I know. But it made my morning a little better.

Sometimes being happy is a choice. A conscious decision. And sometimes, it comes naturally. Fake it 'til you make it, people.

I'm finding that being grateful has caused a huge shift in my day-to-day outlook. I have so much to be thankful for, even when it's all going wrong. They say misery loves company, but happiness draws people in and keeps them there. People like to be around people who make them feel good.

I suppose I should go get ready for the rest of my happy day. :-)

Today's Goals:
-Keep a grateful heart
-Make healthy decisions
-Be happy :-)

0 comments: