Choices:

Life is a series of decisions and consequences. One choice can change your entire life. That is an astounding thought, isn't it? If you really think about it, it's kind of mind blowing.

I think back on all of the decisions I've made and the wrong ones are what really stand out. I guess that's how it usually is, though. We always remember the negative things.

I've been thinking a lot about the decisions I'm making. I don't know if we ever fully realize the impact of our choices until maybe it's "too late". For example, what would have happened had I decided to continue with my educational goal of becoming a teacher and had never gone into EMS? I have a feeling things would have been drastically different. I never would have met some of my best friends and I never would have had the experiences I've had. Imagine how different things would be?? I can't quite wrap my head around it.

So it's that kind of thinking that makes me wonder how much my life is changing simply because of the choices I've made. Makes me want to spend more time thinking about a decision before I make it.

So, yeah, that was my random thought for the day. I am in the middle of my 3 day "weekend" right now and I'm enjoying it immensely. Sure working 4 days in a row kind of sucks (especially when one shift ends less than 8 hours before the next one begins), but it's really nice to have several days in a row that don't involve wearing a uniform and heavy boots. Time to take the dog out...

0 comments: