Field of Dreams:

Random thought:

You know that line from the Field of Dreams "If you build it they will come"? Well that's kind of how I feel about life, except for me it goes "If you're busy, everyone you know will ask you to do something and you'll have to say no." It kind of sucks. I'm worried that if I keep saying no, they'll stop asking.

It has been brought to my attention recently by both the president of my fan club (bahahaha, Jacks) and an avid reader of mine (bahahaha, Buhrian) that I have fallen behind lately with my blogging. My apologies! Things have been pretty crazy these days. I don't even know what I last wrote about. Maybe I should read my own blog.

Let's see... Where to start.

Looks like I'll be going to the fire academy first, followed by paramedic school. That changes things, shifts some priorities.

I realized the other day that I've become very overcomplacent. I'm far too comfortable with where I am in my "career". I do not want to work BLS for much longer. IT has it's place in the ladder to my career goals, but it is merely a step. I'm trying to get my head back into the game. I need to start studying again, start working out harder. I got into medic prep, so starting in January I will be back to my studying ways.

I also realized that I really need to look into becoming a reserve firefighter and/or volunteering. With this realization came a second realization that I am absolutely scared to death of doing either or both of those things. But seeing as how I'm determined not to live my life out of fear, I need to face these fears head on. Scary! Luckily, working at Care has given me a lot of great people to talk to get advice from regarding the best way to reach my goals. Good ol' Care Bears.

I have a new roommate moving in in a little over a week. Should be interesting. I've never lived with someone who hasn't been family. All I ask is he pay his rent on time, clean up after himself, be quiet at night, don't touch my food and be sane. Fingers crossed this all works out.

As for right now, I start another glorious week of BLS tomorrow and I need my beauty sleep.

0 comments: