One Day at a Time:

I have to remind myself that I can only live one day at a time. I can only be in this moment. I cannot live in the future, so why worry so much about it? I find it amusing how many things I think I can't do or can't get through and then, suddenly, I did them or got through them!

Friday I had a mini panic attack of sorts when I thought about all the commitments I had made to various friends that upcoming weekend. I started freaking out! And then I realized, I don't have to do anything I don't want to do. And its not my job to make sure everyone else is happy (there's a shocker!). So I looked at the plans I had made and decided what I really wanted to do and then said no to the things I didn't want to do. Pretty soon after I did that, I started feeling much more peaceful and the feeling of panic went away.

Moral of the story, I'm responsible for my happiness. No one else is.

0 comments: