Holy Crap:

I'm coming to the realization that people actually read my blogs... What?? Haha, when someone tells me they read my blog, I have to stop myself from asking "why?" 'Cause my blogs are really just me rambling on about something that I couldn't keep in my head anymore... But thanks for reading :-)

*****************************************

So today was kind of a rough day for me with work. A little emotionally draining. It's in my nature to want to help (read "fix") people. Sometimes, that desire to help is detrimental to my own being (emotionally, physically, financially).

The guy I'm working with now is a great guy and his family is great, too. But they're going through some stuff and having to deal with stuff and it's difficult to be involved in it. I mean, everyone has problems and things they need to deal with. We all go through things that we may find incredibly difficult that another person may have no problem with. That's just how life goes. But sometimes I find myself just wanting to check out. To just do what I'm paid to do and be done. Sometimes, I don't WANT to help. There are some things that just ARE NOT my problem. It has taken me years to get to the point where I can acknowledge that some things are not my problem and it isn't my job to fix them.

That being said, how do you just walk away when someone needs your help? How do you look at someones life and see how it is or how it could be falling apart and just shrug your shoulders and walk away? And a better question is how do you take advantage of someone (or multiple someones...) who is barely managing to keep it together???

There are some shady people in the world and it still astounds me to hear some of the things people do. But how do we fix it? How do you fix all the brokenness that leads people to act the way they do?

I wish we could grab people and shake them repeatedly while screaming "take responsibility for yourself and your actions" into their ear.

Also, we should be spanking our kids. And making them earn the things they want instead of just giving it to them. But I digress.

So the plan for work now is to head up to Berkeley for the weekend, hire some caregivers, check out the place he'll be staying, then come back down to SD and get him all packed up and ready to move by the 16th... At that point, I'll be jobless, once again! Oh joy! I'm already freaking out about money as it is.

And my car was broken into last week Wednesday, so that's been a whole bundle of fun. I keep thinking of things that were stolen and I go "gah! I don't have that anymore!" I have to replace all my EMT/CPR certs, my drivers license, my bank cards and I lost all my gift cards. I had a voucher for a rental car in there, too, that I was planning on using during my trip to Utah that's coming up. So much to worry about. 

Time to stop stressing out about life and go take a bath.




0 comments: