When The Fog Lifts

It's an amazingly free feeling when a funky mood lifts. The past few weeks have been so great! And not because any situations have changed, but because my attitude has.

I've been spending a lot of time thinking lately. Really examining my choices, actions and motivations. I've also been thinking quite a bit about the people that have come into my life and left or come into my life and stayed. I'm grateful for every single person. Without those experiences with those people, I wouldn't be who I am today.

Passive aggression is something I've always struggled with and I'm learning to let go of my anger and the hurt I have allowed others to cause me. It's enlightening!

That being said, I still think about, care for and miss a few of those people that have come into my life and left. But dealing with those thoughts and the missing them is helping me to grow even further. One person in particular is dealing with family stuff right now, and that's exactly where they need to be. (If you're reading this, you know who you are and I'm so proud of you for doing what you're doing... I still miss you though!)

I've been dragging my feet long enough about the medic stuff. I might be terrified to mess up, but it's time to face the fear and conquer it. I simply can't deny the calling on my life or the love I have for EMS.

Slowly but surely, I'm getting there... One step at a time. Next step, AMR and Rural Metro. :) I just keep reminding myself that life is NOT about the destination and I'm learning to find joy and appreciation in the journey.

0 comments: