I'm Feeling Good:

Last night, there was a mixup at the gym and my regular trainer (Jered) wasn't there. So the kid (Jake. Well, he's 21, so maybe he's not a kid and I'm just sensitive to age differences) who signed me up intially worked me out.

He got super excited as we were setting up the raquetball room for circuit training and that's when I began to get worried. He kept going "Yaaaaay!" and then he broke out the jump rope and the upside-down Bose ball. In short, best workout ever!!!! That was probably the hardest 15 minutes of my life, but it's exactly what I need to get in shape for the academy. It's too bad Jake doesn't normally do training, because I'd probably switch trainers in a heartbeat if he did.

Something amazing happened after my workout. I let go of some things I'd been holding on to. I feel like this heavy, crushing feeling is gone. I'm light as a feather and happy, too!

My dad is full of what I like to call One Liner Jewels of Wisdom. Some are original, some are not. One of them is Attitude determines altitude. So, by choosing to be happy, I become happy.

Now, I get to go to Guajome with Christy and run through a small circuit of my own creation. :-)

0 comments: