Cranky McCrankerpants

Yep. That's me, Cranky McCrankerpants... Woke up cranky, can't shake it.

So I'll vent a little. Please forgive me if I go off on a tangent. Or two...

1) Facebook.
A majority of people have a Facebook. And we all have people who post a lot of status updates, pictures, videos and links. And if you don't like it, change your gosh darn settings. Don't bitch about it. Don't whine about it. Don't make comments to the person who you feel is posting too much. In case you haven't noticed, other people's Facebook profiles AREN'T ABOUT YOU. Surprise, they're about them. You don't like their posts? Change your settings, remove them from your news feed or unfriend/unlike them. But QUIT YER BITCHING. I will begin unfriending people who continually make remarks (both online or in person) complaining that I post too much.

2) Babysitting.
Why oh why do parents insist on making life harder for themselves? Am I the only one who feels like a week of habit breaking is better than a lifetime of whiny, miserable human beings they call children? Teaching responsibility starts very young, as young as 2 years old. You get toys out? You put them away. You throw a fit? You get a time out. Actions have consequences and it is rarely too young to begin emphasizing that. I had a six year old tell me today "I care about my family and that means helping them" in reference to his brother not listening to me when he was asked to clean up his toys. Nice idea to teach your kids, but make sure to define the difference between helping and doing everything for them so they never learn. I know it's easier in the immediate future to give in to tantrums, but when will it stop? Trust me, no one wants to deal with yet another spoiled rotten child who grows up to be a spoiled rotten adult.

3) Activities
I would love to be able to go out all the time. I'd love to go out for dinner and drinks and movies and bowling and mini golf and fun in the snow and mini vacations. But sometimes I'm tired. Most of the time I'm broke. Some days I'd prefer to not have a drink or two (or five). And you know what, sometimes I just don't want to be around people! (this is one of those days, in case you didn't notice) So pardon me for declining invitations. Or choosing to spend time with someone else or a different group of people. Sometimes what you think is fun isn't something I feel like doing at the moment. Don't press the issue. 

4) Men.
Ugh. Men. I don't even know. So many words yet I'm speechless. Just know that at this moment in time, I'm considering becoming a lesbian.























Sigh. That's not even true. I enjoy men too much. But the male gender is on my shit list.

0 comments: